SCILA 4-Position CO<sub>2</sub> Incubator
⊕ SCILA CO2 MP-4
The SCILA (SiLA-based Cell Incubator for Lab Automation) incubator for automated cell culture applications in liquid handling systems offers four drawer-based positions for ANSI-SLAS culture plates.
Seamless integration due to small size and quick and flexible software interfacing with SiLA.
Patented innovative drawer design moves the complete drawer mechanics outside of the incubation chamber.
Modular design allows to scale up with additional units when required.
Fast access (< 10 seconds) and optimized concept for humidity, temperature and gas atmosphere control enable quick recovery of the incubation conditions after plate access.
Designed for easy maintenance and service through tool-free disassembly of front cover and drawers. Contamination protection due to copper surface in the incubation chamber and water supply tubings.
Temperature accuracy of +/-1K at 37°C and uniformity of 1K maximal difference at 37°C between the plate positions as a gradient from drawer 1 to 4 generating a humidity ventilation circle. A fan is therefore not needed. Temperature uniformity of the wells within a plate position is 0.3K at 37°C.
⊕ SCILA CO2 MP-4: Benefits
Seamless integration into your Lab Automation system
- Easy fit in and around liquid handling systems due to small size
- Quick and flexible software interfacing with SiLA communication standard
- Simple scale-up from 4 to 4n plate positions with independent access and control of each unit
- 2 Drawer versions: For 96 well culture plates with less than 20mm in height, and for culture plates up to 23mm in height, easily exchangeable
Excellent control of temperature, humidity and gas atmosphere
- Internal temperature uniformity @ 37°C: Max. difference between the plates 1°C, within a plate position 0.3 K
- Saturated humidity with inbuilt security mechanism to control the water level
- External control unit for gas atmosphere, optional
- The SCILA MIX can supply gas for up to 3 SCILA CO2 MP-4
Designed for easy maintenance and service
- High level of contamination protection due to copper surface in the incubation chamber and water supply tubings
- State of the art external supply mechanism for sterile water with automated refill
- Additional safety – water tubing is equipped with replaceable Luer-Lock for sterile filter connection
- Easy decontamination due to fast access for service – tool-free disassembly of front cover and drawers.
⊕ SCILA CO2 MP-4: Specifications
|Temperature range:||ambient +5K to 45°C with CO2/rH|
|Temperature accuracy:||± 1.0 K @ +37°C|
|Temperature uniformity:||max. temp. difference 1.0 K @+37°C between plates, 0.3 K within one plate|
|Steady state temperature RT to +37°C:||19 minutes (air temperature)|
|Temperature recovery @ 37°C:||3 minutes (air temperature)|
|Humidity recovery @37°C:||25 minutes|
|Relative humidity @ 37°C:||95% +5/-10% (not actively controlled)|
|Sample evaporation @ +37°C:||0.003 g per hour, 4 NUNC 167008 96 well plates x 100μl liquid, @ 37°C, rH > 85%, closed drawers|
⊕ SCILA MIX
Gas mixing device for SCILA (part 3800100)
The SCILA MIX can supply gas for up to 3 SCILA CO2 MP-4
|CO2 ratio:||5-10% (premixed gas)|
|CO2 accuracy:||range between ± 0,5%|